This page will be where I will list what I consider to be ‘schooling essentials’; bits and bobs that I just NEED (or I like to believe that I need!) and things that make life just that little bit easier. Inshaa`Allaah please feel free to list your essentials too – I’ll probably forget to mention some.
~ Umm Junayd.
1. Books – fiction books, non-fiction books, colouring books, Arabic books, alphabet books, number books, colour books, shape books – You get the drift now, huh?
2. Paper – mostly plain paper, but lined paper’s good too. I guess card would come under this too? Well, okay… card of EVERY colour in A4 and A3. [my local printers help to cut them into precise smaller sizes for me mashaa`Allaah].
3. Pens and pencils – colouring pencils and crayons too!
4. Arty crafty stuff – pipe cleaners, glitter paper, glue sticks, PVA glue, paper plates, children’s scissors, tissue paper, paint, paintbrushes and the list goes on.
5. Flashcard – I’ve got store-bought ones, but I’ve also made some too mashaa`Allaah.
6. My newfound essential: Sticky-back plastic. I actually don’t know what it’s called really, but that’s what we used to use at school to cover our exercise books.
7. Magazine holders & clear boxes: I use these to hold bits and bobs. They keep the room looking organised. Well… kind of!
and last but not least: Computer & Printer! Oh my, what would schooling be like without these?